Hello everyone! Let’s get acquainted.
I am a personable woman so…
FIRST, LET’S OPEN THE PERSONAL DOOR OF MY WORLD (and I look forward to meeting and knowing each of you in person as well!).
- First and foremost, I am a mother of two happy children, and a wife of a brilliant feminist husband, living in Singapore for more than a decade before moving to New York area.
- My mother named me after a great Vietnamese actress she loved, and not to her dismay, I once cast for a national TV commercial.
- When I was small, I wanted to be a diplomat. As I explored the bigger world around me, I no longer had the same dream. However, I had the chance to shake hands with the late President of Singapore S. R. Nathan, meet with Singapore’s late Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew, shrug shoulder with the previous Minister of Women, Family and Community Development of Malaysia, exchange words with Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Long, ask a question to the former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, and have a brief chat in Chinese with Alibaba’s CEO, Jack Ma.
- My family, friends and colleagues all would say that I am passionate, energetic, creative, analytical, resilient, hard-working, results-oriented, and courageous. (Well, my helper, after staying with me for some time, branded me “organic, classic, natural” :))
- My coachees would tell I have vibrant energy, happy personality, abundant positivity and great patience.
- Astrologist would call me a Libra. MBTI test shows that I am an ESTJ (Extraversion, Sensing, Thinking, Judgment). Strength Finders identifies my five strengths: Individualization, Strategic, Communication, Relator, and Achiever.
NOW LET’S ALSO OPEN THE PROFESSIONAL DOOR OF MY WORLD…
- I have done 7 different jobs in my career: Finance Controller (for my grandma’s shop at the age of 7), Business Owner (I started a profitable book rental business at the age of 9), Journalist, Researcher, Lecturer, Actress (with my son for a Singapore’s national commercial promoting Kindness), and Human Resources Professional.
- My experience spans across 9 industries: Retail, Business, Journalism, Non-profit, Academia, Film, FMCG, Technology, and E-commerce.
- I have worked and lived in 3 countries being Vietnam, United States, and Singapore.
ANOTHER DOOR TO SOMEWHERE OVER THE RAINBOW IN MY WORLD…
- When I am not coaching my clients or my young man, I find myself reading, writing, painting, breathing in life from the streets of Singapore or Mount Faber and now NYC, doing yoga, cooking traditional Vietnamese food or making salads with spontaneous recipes of my own, travelling, or delivering free career workshops for my community.
- Apart from being a coach, I am a world and life traveler who has been to 5 continents and got lost in every little beautiful thing that life has to offer, in its truest sense of being a “traveler”.
AND LET’S GO TO THE BUSINESS:
- 10 years ago, when doing my Master Degree in Public Policy at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore, I once asked Tony Blair a question after his speech delivered to the professors and students of my school. Instead of getting the answer right away, I was happily heartened by his non-stop praise for about 30 seconds at first, “Wow, that’s a brilliant question! It’s the kind of question we ask in politics! You will have a great future!”
- 10 years later, connecting all the dots of my passion, purpose, personality, unique strengths and experience, I am where that future unfolds…
AS SEEN ON:
MY MISSION IS TO INSPIRE DREAMS OF AND CREATE HAPPINESS INFINITY FOR PROFESSIONAL WOMEN WHO DARE TO BE GREAT, IN WORK AND LIFE.